The advanced Harmony Laser DYE-VL technology for treating vascular conditions such as thread veins, face veins, broken capillaries and other prominent facial redness skin concerns.
0% Finance Options
thread vein removal london
Prominent facial veins and thread veins are purple or blue in colour are usually found in the legs but can appear on the face and other areas of the body. These thread veins can safely and effectively be treated with the use of our advanced laser technologies – AFT and DYE-VL.
These laser technologies can significantly reduce vein visibility, if not remove them altogether. Our expert practitioners can discuss with you a bespoke vascular treatment plan for the effective reduction and removal of thread veins.
Benefits of Thread Vein Treatment
- At London Real Skin, our expert practitioners who are highly experienced in carrying out Laser treatments, can discuss with you a bespoke vascular treatment plan suitable to your skin needs and goals
- Thread vein removal is suitable for all facial areas including forehead, bose & cheeks.
- It is an effective treatment for face veins and broken capillaries and to diffuse facial redness, facial flushing and rosacea.
- Laser Treatment is a non-invasive, comfortable procedure that provides lasting results.
- It can be used on any skin type, and for most treatments you can return to work immediately after each session.
- We utilise the advanced Harmony XLi laser platform technology for treating facial vascular conditions.
- Referrals can be made easily with consultant Dermatologists at The London Skin and Hair Clinic when necessary. Patients with darker skin types may need to see a Dermatologist for topical treatment prior to any laser treatments, and patients with skin conditions may need a skin-check from a Dermatologist prior to any treatment. This will be discussed with your during your skin consultation.
- We are CQC-approved for all laser treatments
Treatment at a Glance
3 treatments every 2-3 weeks
Skin Concerns Treated:
Starts from £100
Before & After
Frequently Asked Questions
During the skin consultation one of our experienced aesthetic practitioners will assess your suitability for treatment. Then the aesthetic practitioner will advise on a treatment plan including the expected number of treatments and duration between treatments to obtain the best results. They will also advise on any skincare products that may be suitable to complement the treatment and to achieve optimal results. Finally a patch test is completed to ensure you are suitable for the recommended treatment procedure. If so, photos will be taken prior to the procedure to monitor your results.
Prior to treatment you will be asked to ensure the skin is clean and dry and to remove any lotions, fragrances and make-up.
During the treatment your skin will be cleaned and you will be asked to wear special goggles to protect your eyes. The skin will be cleansed with an antiseptic solution and a cool gel will be applied onto the skin. The practitioner will then commence with the treatment. Patients have reported a warm sharp sensation to the skin but that it is generally painless.
Photos will be taken after the procedure too so as to allow the practitioner to compare the results.
The number of sessions depends on what areas are being treated but can typically be between 1 to 3 sessions.
The following aftercare is recommended to improve the treatment results and to minimise side-effects:
- The application of a cool pack during the first few hours after treatment will reduce any discomfort.
- Apply only Biafine or aloe vera gel (without alcohol) to the treated area
- Makeup may be used immediately after the treatment unless there is epidermal blistering. (Preferably mineral make up)
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation or darker pigmentation. Use sunscreen SPF50+ or greater at all times throughout the course of treatment.
- Avoid swimming until the treated area is fully healed
- Avoid hot baths, heat treatments and exercise for the first 48 hours
- Avoid picking scabs
- Avoid using retinoids for 2 days before treatment and 7 days post treatment
Immediately after treatment, there may be redness and swelling at the treatment area, this may feel like mild sunburn. If pigment is present, it will become darker and form a scab. This is a normal effect of treatment. Swelling can occur, especially on the cheek area. We recommend sleeping with an extra pillow to decrease swelling.
Laser treatment for facial redness is suitable for all skin types and for most people except those who are:
- Pregnant or breast-feeding
- Experiencing sunburn
- Suffering from melasma, seizure disorders, herpes simplex virus, hyperpigmentation, history of photosensitivity to light
- Patients on isotretinoin, topical or oral steroids, medications that cause photosensitivity
After treatment, there will be heat in the area and some redness. Pigmentation will become darker and form slight scabbing. In rare cases edema and blistering can occur. This is a normal side effect of treatment and will settle within a few days.