Skin Tag Removal
We use electrolysis to treat skin lesions and blemishes quickly and efficiently. This treatment is effective for the following skin conditions (subject to a consultation with a Dermatologist):
• Spider Naevi, Thread Veins, Milia, Warts/Verruca’s
• Xanthelasma, Telangiectasia, Blood Spots, Syringoma
• Papulosa Nigra, Sebaceous Hyperplasia, Seborrhoeic Keratoses.
Why Electrolysis ACP?
Advanced Cosmetic Procedures (sometimes called ACP or Sterex advanced electrolysis) uses short wave diathermy or a blend of AC and DC currents to treat skin lesions and blemishes quickly and efficiently with minimal scarring. This treatment is suitable for the following skin conditions (subject to a consultation with a Dermatologist):
• Spider Naevi, Thread Veins, Milia, Warts or Verruca’s
• Xanthelasma, Telangiectasia, Campbell de Morgan spots (also called blood spots or cherry angiomas), Syringoma
• Papulosa Nigra (often associated with dark skin types), Sebaceous Hyperplasia, Seborrhoeic Keratoses
During your consultation for £25 our experienced Medical Aesthetician will assess your suitability for treatment. They will advise the number of treatments and duration between treatments. Prior to treatment of some conditions it is necessary to have the all-clear from a Dermatologist. A test patch is not always necessary prior to treatment.
If topical anaesthetic is necessary you will be asked to attend 45 minutes prior to your appointment to have this applied. During treatment the tip of a fine small probe (about the size of an eyelash) is used to discharge a tiny electrical current. This destroys the lesion or blemish which often disappears as it is being treated.
For some conditions only one treatment is necessary, however further treatments may be necessary depending on the severity of the problem.
· Clean the affected area and change dressings to avoid infection
· Avoid direct sun exposure for at least one week post treatment and use sunscreen SP50 at all times
· Avoid swimming until the treated area is fully healed
· Avoid hot baths, heat treatments and exercise for the first 48 hours
How does the treatment work?
The tip of a fine probe (about the size of an eyelash) is introduced along the line of the capillary and a tiny energy current is discharged. This destroys the vessel which often disappears as it is being treated. Further treatments may be necessary depending on the severity of the problem.
Will My Blemishes Return?
The treated blemish will not return but others may appear depending on the root cause. The Medical Aesthetician will advise you during your consultation
Consultation and Patch test with Medical Aesthetician: £25
Treatment is priced at £160 per treatment.
Follow-up treatments are also chargeable at £160 per treatment.