with skin pen
Microneedling with SkinPen is a skin-needling treatment clinically proven to dramatically reduce the appearance of acne scarring and wrinkles to reveal smoother, tighter, brighter looking skin.
0% Finance Options
skin-pen microneedling london
The SkinPen microneedling is highly effective in treating ageing skin and acne scarring in particular. This precision device causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that stimulates the skin to naturally generate and repair itself, and leads to the remodelling of collagen and elastin.
As microneedling stimulates natural responses in the skin, the results you’ll start to see are completely natural-looking.
Microneedling is effective on the face, and the neck, back and chest. As these areas are more prone to sun damage and because of less collagen and elastin in the area, this can result in dry and crepey skin, lines, wrinkles, sun spots and age spots. Microneedling is one of the most effective treatments to revitalise the skin and restore the damaged skin to good skin health.
What are the benefits of the Microneedling Skinpen?
- SkinPen is a widely popular advanced technological medical-grade device that is FDA approved and is clinically proven to treat acne scarring safely and effectively.
- Microneedling treatment is minimally invasive with little to no downtime
- The treatment significantly improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars, and improves the skin’s overall texture and tone.
- Can treat all areas of the body, including the face, back, neck and chest
- Results will take time initially to show but once they do, they are long lasting
- Suitable on all skin types.
- Effective on all body parts including, face, neck and decolletage
- All treatments are carried out by highly skilled Nurses and Aesthetic Practitioners who are experienced in treating acne scarring with SkinPen.
Treatment at a Glance
3 to 6 treatments every 4 weeks
Skin Concerns Treated
Dull complexion, rough and uneven texture, dry skin, fine lines, crepey skin, acne scarring, stretch marks
From the first treatment
Starts from £340 for a single treatment
There are three phases to the treatment and wound-repair process
Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
Phase III: Remodelling. The wound has been replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen in the newly formed tissue is replaced with stronger type I collagen, which can contract to create a tightening or “shrink wrap” effect on the skin.
Our Aesthetic Practitioner will suggest a course of Microneedling SkinPen treatments depending on the condition being treated, but we recommend at least 3-6 treatments, approximately 6 weeks apart.
Before & After
Frequently Asked Questions
The procedure has a good comfort level with patients reporting a mild sensation or simply feeling the slight vibration of the Skinpen. Our Aesthetic Practitioners can numb the skin using a topical anaesthetic beforehand.
The treatment will take around 30-60 minutes, depending on the area being treated.
Immediately after your Microneedling SkinPen treatment the skin will appear slightly pink to red, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. To assist your skin in its recovery our Aesthetic Practitioner may apply a post-procedure skin product. Once the redness has cleared following a Microneedling SkinPen procedure, it is important that the skin is cared for on an ongoing daily basis with an effective skincare regime. Our practitioners will recommend a regime most suitable for you, which will help maintain optimal results.
- Discontinue use of topical retinoids 3 days prior
- Avoid other invasive treatments such as Peels, Laser, IPL, Resurfacing, RF, Filler, Botox for 7 days earlier
- Not have active breakouts or open lesions
- Have discontinued oral acne tablets use at least six months prior
- Not have any Infection or inflammation
Skin type IV-VI may find pigmentation darkening prior to lightening.