At London Real Skin we offer the award winning Harmony XL Laser Tattoo Removal. An effective solution for men or women who want to remove unwanted tattoos anywhere on the body. Our experienced Aesthetic Practitioners are extensively trained in safe laser tattoo removal with the aim of achieving the best possible results.
0% Finance Options
Laser Tattoo Removal London
Laser tattoo removal is an effective solution for the permanent removal of unwanted tattoos. We use the Harmony XL Laser with 1064 and 532 laser hand pieces to treat the tattooed area. The laser handheld device emits powerful pulses of energy to the unwanted tattoo shattering the tattoo ink into tiny fragments.
The body’s immune system gradually absorbs the fragmented pigments after several sessions resulting in the tattoo’s appearance fading. The number of treatments required depends on the size of tattoo, the ink used, skin type, the quality of tattoo and the age of the tattoo.
Benefits of Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser tattoo removal is the most effective treatment for removing unwanted tattoos.
- Our experienced Aesthetic Practitioners are trained in safe and effective laser tattoo removal with the aim of achieving the best possible results.
- After just a single treatment, you should begin to notice a visible reduction in your tattoo. Several sessions may be needed to reach optimal results.
- Although there is no guarantee that the treatment sessions will completely remove the tattoo from the skin, many patients show minimal visible remnants of the tattoo after their treatments.
- Moderate downtime
For the best results we recommend 4-10 treatments taken 6-8 weeks apart. Some colours may require more treatments including aqua blue, metallic colours and fluorescent colours. Maintenance treatments may be required.
Treatment at a Glance
Depending on the size of tattoo from 15 mins to 45 mins.
4 to 10 treatments every 6 to 8 weeks.
Skin Concerns Treated
To remove unwanted tattoo
Results will start to show within 4 weeks
From £75 for a small area
(1-3 x 1cm-3cm)
Small - 4 Treatments £285 (-5%)
Small - 6 Treatments £405 (-10%)
Small - 9 Treatments £574 (-15%)
4-8 x 4cm-8cm
Medium - 4 Treatments £380 (-5%)
Medium - 6 Treatments £540 (-10%)
Medium - 9 Treatments £765 (-15%)
9-15 x 9-15cm
Large - 4 Treatments £665 (-5%)
Large - 6 Treatments £945 (-10%)
Large - 9 Treatments £1,338 (-15%)
Extra Large £280
16-20 x 16cm-20cm
Extra Large - 4 Treatments £1,064 (-5%)
Extra Large - 6 Treatments £1,512 (-10%)
Extra Large - 9 Treatments £2,142 (-15%)
Before & After
The Laser Tattoo Removal Treatment Process
- You will need to attend a complimentary skin consultation. During the consultation one of our experienced Aesthetic Practitioners will review your medical history and assess your suitability for treatment with a test patch. A test patch is required even if you have had laser tattoo removal previously at another clinic.
- The practitioner will advise a treatment plan including the expected number of treatments and duration between treatments. You can then safely undergo the Harmony XLi Laser Tattoo Removal anywhere on your body except the eye-lids and lip area.
- Prior to the treatment you will be asked to avoid direct sun exposure to the area, avoid sun beds and be sure to not apply tanning products to the area. If you have dark hairs on the tattoo you should shave them prior to treatment.
- During the treatment your skin will be cleaned and you will be asked to wear special goggles to protect your eyes. The practitioner will treat the area with the laser.
- The laser will produce small ash/white coloured spots on the tattoo pigment, these will fade and the tattoo will look normal again.
- Treatment sessions last between 30 minutes to one hour depending on the size tattoo being treated.
- For optimum results we recommend 4-10 treatments taken 6-8 weeks apart. Some colours may require more treatments including aqua blue, metallic colours and florescent colours. Maintenance treatments may be required.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following aftercare is recommended to improve the treatment results and to minimise side-effects from the treatment.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry
- If there is any discomfort apply an ice pack or cool clean cloth to sooth the area
- The aesthetician may provide a dressing after the treatment and will give advice as to how long to keep this on the area
- Make sure clothes are not rubbing the treated area
- Do not expose the treated area to heat such as hot baths after treatment
- Swimming should be avoided until the area is fully healed
- Do not scratch the skin treated, if scabs form these must not be picked, or secondary infection is possible.
- Do not expose the treated area to direct sun exposure or sun beds. If going out in the sun cover the area with a sterile dressing
- Do not use occlusive dressings or creams on the area
Laser tattoo removal is suitable for most skin types but not is suitable for the following people:
- Pregnant women
- Patients on photosensitive medication (previous 6 months)
- Patient suffering from lupus, cancer, epilepsy, melasma, vitiligo or Diabetes type 1
- Psoriasis or eczema or keloid scars on the treatment area
- If you are taking certain anti-coagulant medications
Laser tattoo removal is generally not considered that painful but it does depend on the individual. There might be a small amount of discomfort and irritation to the area being treated.
No, your safety is of the utmost importance to us. Patients need to have a patch test prior to commencing treatment to ensure that there are no adverse reactions and that the correct treatment will be carried out according to the patient’s skin type. Your first treatment can then take place 7 days after your patch test.
Depending on the age of the tattoo, the ink used, skin type, the quality of tattoo and the age of the tattoo it may not be possible to completely remove a tattoo. However most people report good results and the practitioner will be able to advise at your consultation how effective the treatment should be for your individual tattoo(s).
We recommend 4-10 treatments taken 6-8 weeks apart. Some colour tattoos may require further treatments including aqua blue, metallic colours and fluorescent colours. This will be discussed with you during your initial consultation.