Dermal fillers are an effective and safe solution to replace lost volume and to support the softening of lines and wrinkles to restore a more youthful appearance. Dermal fillers are effective in treating multiple areas including the face, neck and hands, and well as treating skin concerns such as acne scarring.
0% Finance Options
DERMAL FILLERS LONDON
As we age, our skin loses its natural elasticity, causing wrinkles and fine lines to develop. This, along with exposure to the sun, free radicals, genetics and other lifestyle factors. Areas that are most commonly affected include the lip area, the jaw, the eyes, and the forehead. Our skin’s natural collagen also reduces with age leading to a loss in volume around areas of the face.
Dermal fillers are an effective and safe solution to replace lost volume, providing an instant ‘plumping effect’ and support the softening of lines and wrinkles to restore a more youthful appearance. They can also be used for contouring and shaping the face, creating a natural looking and subtle ‘plumping effect’ for those patients who lack confidence in certain facial features.
THE VERY BEST PRODUCTS
At London Real Skin we utilise JUVEDERM®- the number 1 doctor-recommended Dermal facial filler in the UK, and which contains hyaluronic acid; a natural occurring substance in the body, that retains moisture to boost hydration and elasticity. These gel-like substances are injected beneath the skin and come in different formulations suitable for specific areas being treated.
We also make use of Restylane® fillers, which is a widely popular Dermal filler treatment, and like Juverderm is safe and effective in rejuvenating and revitalising the skin. Our Aesthetic Nurses and Doctors will recommend a facial filler dependent on the area being treated and what will be most suitable for your skin needs.
What are the Benefits of Dermal Fillers?
- Our Lip Fillers are administered quickly & offer immediate results with little to no downtime.
- Our dermal filler brands are FDA approved with excellent clinical data supporting their use and effectiveness.
- Hyaluronic acid injections are temporary and completely reversible. If for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with the results, your Aesthetic practitioner will advise you and can inject an antidote to dissolve the unwanted filler, restoring you to your natural appearance.
- All dermal filler treatments are administered by highly skilled Nurses and Doctors who are trained in facial anatomy and deeply understand good skin health.
- The results are noticeable and yet appear natural-looking and subtle.
- The effects of the filler last from 6 months to 2 years depending on the type and concentration of the filler used.
- There is now evidence to suggest that filling wrinkles causes stretching of the skin back to its previous structure and can induce some repair of the tissue.
- Dermal filler injections are non-surgical and typically completed during a clinic visit.
- Our patients consider the treatment as generally painless, only experiencing a mild level of discomfort
- A complimentary in-depth consultation will be carried out prior to having a treatment done to be able to discuss your treatment goals and advise a bespoke treatment plan.
Treatment at a Glance
1 every 6 months to 2 years
Skin Concerns Treated
Tear Trough, Hollow temples, Cheek Enhancement, Non-surgical rhinoplasty, Lip Enhancement, Chin Enhancement, Jaw Enhancement, Nasolabial lines, Marionette lines, Non-surgical 8 point face lift, Acne Scarring, Horizontal neck line, Hands
Starts from £375 for the first syringe
Before & After
During this appointment, your practitioner will determine what it is you’d like to achieve through the use of dermal filler injections, whether it’s restoration of lost volume and definition, a reduction in wrinkles, or a combination of both. They will also review your medical history.
While the risks associated with dermal fillers are minimal, you need to fully disclose your medical history prior to treatment, as certain allergies, skin and neurological conditions, or medications can jeopardize your safety or results. Anti-inflammatory medication (e.g., aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen) or blood thinners need to be stated before commencing, as these increase the chance of bruising.
Frequently Asked Questions
The amount of product needed for your treatment will be determined by your practitioner and the area treated. Each syringe of Juvederm dermal filler generally contains 1ml or half a ml of product. Your practitioner will let you know before commencing treatment how much will be needed.
A younger patient with plumper skin may need less product than an older person with a lot of volume loss. Also, the nature of the treatment will determine the quantity. A simple cheek enhancement will require less than an 8 point lift (non-surgical facelift) procedure. While 1 syringe maybe enough to plump cheeks or lips, 3 or 4 syringes maybe needed for an 8 point lift or jaw enhancement procedure.
While filler injections, if done correctly, are very safe procedures, there is however a very small risk of complications related to them. Common side effects of dermal fillers include swelling, slight discomfort, bruising, lumpiness, or unevenness. However, if injected correctly you will see a very nice result with dermal fillers.
Dermal filler injections are not suitable for the following people:
- Clients on medications that reduce or inhibit hepatic metabolism
- (cimetidine, beta-blockers), steroids, aspirin or anticoagulant
- Pregnant or breast feeding patients
- Clients with allergies to hyaluronic acid, amide type local anaesthetics or lidocaine
- Clients suffering from auto-immune disease or disease affecting the immune system, acute rheumatic fever or recurrent sore throat, history of herpes simplex (cold sores) or other skin infections, untreated epilepsy, hypertrophic scarring, porphyria or cardiac conduction disorders?
- Clients who have had laser resurfacing or skin peel in the last 6 weeks
Clients are also advised that the presence of lidocaine within the dermal filler may produce a positive result in anti-doping tests.
The following aftercare is recommended to improve the treatment results and to minimise side-effects from the treatment:
- Avoid extreme facial expressions, alcohol consumption and applying make-up for up to 12 hours
- Avoid extreme sun exposure, UV light, freezing temperatures and saunas for 2 weeks after treatment
- Avoid additional treatments in the treated area for the next 7 days.
You will be able to go back to your normal activities straight after treatment, but your practitioner may ask you to take the day off from exercise or other strenuous activity. Alcohol consumption should be avoided before and on the day of the treatment. Makeup can be applied after 2 hours. This is all to allow the injection site to close and avoid infection. Ice may be applied to the injected area to reduce swelling and discomfort.