Highly Qualified Practitioners
0% Finance Options
Sterex ACP Skin Tag Removal
Advanced Cosmetic Procedures (sometimes called ACP or Sterex advanced electrolysis) uses short wave diathermy or a blend of AC and DC currents to treat skin lesions and blemishes.
We use electrolysis (Sterex ACP) to treat skin lesions and blemishes quickly and efficiently. This treatment is effective for the following skin conditions (subject to a consultation with a Dermatologist where necessary): Spider Naevi, Thread Veins, Milia, Warts/Verrucas, Skin Tag Removal, Xanthelasma, Telangiectasia, Blood Spots, Syringoma, Papulosa Nigra, Sebaceous Hyperplasia, Seborrhoeic Keratoses
Pearly penile papules.
What are the benefits of Sterex ACP?
We have seen brilliant results with the Sterex ACP procedure and would highly recommend treatment to clients who are looking to treat the above mentioned skin conditions.
Treatment is also quick and efficient with minimal scarring and downtime.
What is involved in Sterex ACP?
During your consultation our experienced Aesthetic Practitioner will assess your suitability for treatment. They will advise the number of treatments and duration between treatments. Prior to treatment of some conditions it might be necessary to have the all-clear from one of our Dermatologists at London Skin and Hair Clinic.
A test patch is not always necessary prior to treatment.
If a topical anaesthetic is necessary you will be asked to attend 45 minutes prior to your appointment to have this applied.
During treatment the tip of a fine small probe (about the size of an eyelash) is used to discharge a tiny electrical current. This destroys the lesion or blemish which often disappears as it is being treated.
For some conditions only one treatment is necessary, however further treatments may be necessary depending on the severity of the problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following aftercare is recommended to improve the treatment results and to minimise side-effects from the treatment:
- Gently cleanse the area and pat dry with a clean towel or tissue unless instructed to keep dressings on
- Avoid sunbathing or any other heat treatments, including sun bed, sauna and steam
- Avoid hot baths or showers
- Avoid swimming until treated area has healed
- Avoid using your usual make up during the healing process
- Avoid applying soap or perfumed products to the treated area
- Avoid wearing tight or restrictive clothing over treated body areas
- Avoid touching the treated area and do not pick any scabs that may form
- Avoid using any glycolic and retinoids for at least 1 week post treatment
Sterex ACP is not suitable for the following people:
- Clients with a heart pacemaker fitted
- Pregnant or breast-feeding patients
- Clients suffering from low blood pressure, asthma or respiratory disorders, diabetic, auto-immune conditions, active herpes simplex virus
After treatment clients may experience the following side-effects:
- Redness of the skin
- Localized histamine reaction (swelling of the surrounding tissue)
- Inflammation of the skin
The treatment price varies per individual, but starts from £250 per treatment.
A consultation, and patch test where necessary, is complimentary.